Judges for the third annual Social Media Awards say this year’s competition was fierce, making their job “extremely difficult.” As part of Social Media Camp, the award ceremony took place last night at the Victoria Convention Centre and was hosted by tech expert and “Canada’s most respected geek” Steve Dotto.
The awards featured nominations across nine categories. The judges (who included Julien Smith, Angela Crocker, C.C. Chapman, Robert Fine, Tod Maffin, Raul Pachero-Vega, and Simon Salt) were asked to rate each of the short listed nominees across a number of criteria and choose a winner in each category.
Douglas congratulates the 2013 Social Media Awards winners.
- Excellence in Customer Service, sponsored by McAllister Media: Westjet, @westjet
- Derek K. Miller Award, Formerly known as the “Most Inspiring Social Media User”: Darren, Beth and Brandon Laur, Personal Protection Systems Inc., @crimefighterguy
- Excellence in Engagement – Corporate, sponsored by bWEST Interactive: CHEK Point hosted by Dana Hutchings, @DanaHutchings
- Best Personal Blog, sponsored by Accent Inns: Blonde on a Budget, @blondeonabudget
- Best Business Blog, sponsored by Tartan Group: Sprout Social – Sprout Insights, @sprout_insights
- Social Workplace Award, sponsored by HR.com: DIALOG, @dialog
- Excellence in Engagement – Non-Profit, sponsored by ConstantContact; Love Global Foundation, @dariankovacs and @loveglobal
- Excellence in Engagement – Individual: Mommy Kat and Kids, @mommykatandkids
- Excellence in Social Media by a Student (or student group): Golf Vancouver Island / Student at Royal Roads University, @kylak and @VIGOLFTRAIL